Wednesday 5 September 2007

At A Loss

Looking back on Sundays events I begin to realise what truly went on.

His refusal to have supervised visits, his refusal to have me drop the boys off at a specified location and wait for them, his refusal to do one thing he asked as soon as I agreed to it. (Take them to the local town shopping centre, yes I would do that and suddenly that is no good anymore.)

He demanded that he take them to this new place he is staying, a place I have not the address for, phone number for just the general location in the name of the town. Would I think he would do anything to hurt my sons? Perhaps not but again he would make sure I couldn't contact him during the time they were away, he would be late enough on returning to have me seriously worried. And again my main concern, he cannot control his anger with me (now he says he didn't throw the phone at me but at the floor...where I was standing), what about when the boys behave as boys? Without me there to step in.

When he did live here I would beg him to go play with them. Go build Lego things, play cars or train or something, interact with them. He complained he had no bond with them so that was my solution then. So up the stairs he would go, and they would play in their room and he would switch the computer on and that would be that.

It has always been thus. Here is the problem, I have to find the solution, that is not good enough for him and he remains unhappy with it. What can I do? What can I do?

1 comment:

His Girl Friday said...

hello,
what a difficult time to go through. I hope that you have friends and family to help you and the children with this. One could hope there might be reconciliation after time and some counseling...but I know that isn't always the case. I may be a stranger, but know that my thoughts are with you!