Wednesday 19 December 2007

I Am Not Going To Win

No matter what I do. That was probably obvious to everyone but me. I swear I can be so dumb sometimes.

I phone today, to try and build a bridge. I do not want it ever to be said I kept his sons from him, I do not want to give him that ammunition. So once again I make the first move. I repeat inside that I am doing it for them, because if it were not for the fact he was their father then I would gladly wipe him out of my life entirely (well once he had paid off what he owes that is.)

He complains that I won't let him arrive at 7am (yes *7*am) but ask that he comes at 9. You see I will have let the boys open all their presents by then. This despite the fact I told him I would get them dressed and give them breakfast and start the grand opening once he had arrived.

It is disarming to have someone believe a lie about you, a lie they created. He has convinced himself I am what he says I am.

What do I do next? He says he'll think about coming Christmas morning but I don't really care if he does or not - the fact is that I said he was still able to come (won't say welcome, that is a bit much.) If I keep myself right then at no point can it be truthfully said that I denied him access. Even if he says it anyway.

No comments: