Wednesday 31 December 2008

It Says It All Really

He had the boys yesterday, got them a haircut that makes them look as though they are new army recruits or they have nits. I ask him to do one thing, just one less thing for me to do. Won't make that mistake again.

But then, at dinnertime, as I am contemplating a bath and pjs evening after a fairly quiet afternoon, he phones. Can I meet him halfway to pick up the boys rather than him bring them all the way home? Do I have a choice?

So I am late, I hadn't realised I would have to chip the ice from the car, plus I drove very carefully as I wasn't sure if the roads were icy too. Being all cautious you see. But still I went to pick up the boys.

Now, does he say "Thanks for coming out I know it was inconvenient, it being a cold night and all."

...or "Sorry for not being able to bring them all the way home."

...or "We were worried why you were late."

...or "Why are you late? I've been waiting ages."

Unlike those tv competitions, that ask questions and then give blatantly obvious answers, there is no premium rate phone line to call and no prize.

But the answer is blatantly obvious.

Happy New Year.

May 2009 bring good things for those who deserve them.

No comments: